Our Nomads Tipis
Our Tipis are beautiful structures manufactured in a traditional way in America. They are a spacious 18ft in diameter with a lining and rain catcher to ensure you stay dry inside, whatever the weather. Tipis were designed as structures for nomadic people, easy to take up and down when required, built with a conical design over round poles with a separate skin – traditionally buffalo hide but, in modern times, canvas. They make for an atmospheric and cosy home.
A Cosy Space
The Nomads Tipi has a fitted double bed with comfortable mattress at its centre. Around this are a set of low furnishings and rugs designed so the space is flexible. There is ample space for additional guests to bring their own bed mats or other portable sleeping structures.
Outside is a fire pit with benches – sadly, for health and safety reasons, the Tipi cannot have a hearth at its centre as in the traditional manner – and firewood and charcoal are provided for this. The Tipi is lit with low key battery and solar lighting.
“A slice of Somerset heaven, relax, sit back and count the constellations in the clear night sky.”
An elemental experience
The Tipi was designed as a structure to easily put up and down as peoples moved across the Great Plains. With our Nomads Tipi, you do not have to worry about any of that, however. You can sleep in the comfort of a real bed, under the starry skies and in nature, yet still have a taste of a traditional lifestyle now largely (and sadly) gone. There is something special about Tipis, something you can’t get from any other tented structure, described by one enthusiast as an ‘elemental experience’ – the tipi brings you closer to nature than other temporary structures found in the glamping sphere.
- Well equipped, this traditional tipi lets you fully enjoy your stay without the effort.
- A small single bed is available for an additional charge of £25/stay.
- We supply a shared cooking area. Your tipi has crockery, kettle and other useful items.
- An outdoor fire bowl with a grill provides the perfect place to sit around in the evenings, relax with a glass of wine and perfect your barbecuing skills.
- We’ll supply you with wood and kindling for your first night and not forgetting those marshmallows for you to toast on the fire.
- Additional wood and barbecue coals are available from our campground shop.
- We provide a cool box for your food and freezer blocks which you can exchange at our reception freezer.
- There are shared toilet and shower facilities onsite.
”Well, what can I say about my tent accommodation. A carefully thought out space, more akin to a hotel room, much to the envy of my friends. A sofa, a double bed, 2 chairs, one almost rocking, and tables adorned with lights/lamps and a living plant. A truly gracious and amazing display of hospitality in a field. Let’s not forget the welcome mat outside the tent and the colour coordinated rugs inside. I was blown away”
We recommend you bring a torch, wellies, waterproof clothing, toothbrush, and a pair of boots for exploring the wonderful surrounding countryside.