As well as beautiful glamping accommodation under canvas and our wild camping pitches, Be Wilder Camps set out to be different with a unique and inspiring programme of activities taking place throughout the summer. The aim of our activity programme for children and adults is to provide experiences to ‘wild’ ourselves, connect us all deeper with nature, learn new skills, promote our personal health and wellbeing and, more than anything, have a great time. We hope that your time with us will be a few days out of the world to get into the natural world that lies all around us. All activities are optional!
On most days of the week we aim to offer activities between 10am and 4pm, though there are exceptions to this dependent on availability and levels of bookings. These sessions are bookable on this page below at a fixed cost for the 6hrs. You can drop in and out of sessions as required and most are suitable for kids and adults. There will also be additional standalone activities that can be attended by all campers such as storytelling sessions, fireside song circles, movement workshops in the morning, etc. These are all included in your stay.
Week 4’s Be Wilder Programme (August 6th – August 12th):-
Activity Session Itinerary for the next period:
- Wednesday 11th August: 9am Yogacise* / 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft / 7pm: Singing Circle with Dora Darling*
- Thursday 12th August: 9am Yogacise* / 10am – 4pm: Foraging and Herbal Balm Making with Ben / 7pm: Storytelling*
- Friday 13th August: 2pm Pagan Stream Walk with Alex Faulkner – A 2hr walk around the local waterways. (By donation on the day).
- Saturday 14th August: 10am – 4pm: Wand and Staff Whittling and Capture the Flag Games with Samara Lewis / 7pm Storytelling Circle*
- Sunday 15th August: 9am Natural Movement with Kevin Button* / 10am – 4pm: Forest School with Samara Lewis + Nature Connection & Mindfulness with Kevin Button
- Monday 16th August: 9am Natural Movement with Kevin Button* / 10am – 4pm: Forest School inc. Clay Making and Hedgehog Village / 7pm Storytelling*
- Tuesday 17th August: 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft
- Wednesday 18th August: 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft / 7pm: Singing Circle with Dora Darling*
- Saturday 21st August: Fun & Games with Jud Rawles + Kids Films in the Pizza Cafe*
- Sunday 22nd August: 10am – 4pm: Fun & Games with Jud Rawles
All sessions from 10am to 4pm are £19.99. Sessions marked with (*) are included with camping fees. Some sessions are subject to change however we will endeavour to deliver the sessions and activities as listed above. We will be adding more song and story circles to the itinerary in the days and weeks to come as we move through August. Further daytime activities will be added after 18th August.
You can book sessions using the booking portal on our Be Wilder Pag. These can be booked by both staying guests and non-resident visitors from the local area and beyond.
If leaving your child, you must provide a packed lunch and fill out a disclaimer and medical information form on arrival.
Cost is £19.99 for children and adults. Most sessions are suitable for 8 years+. Avalon Bushcraft and Nature Connection/Awareness Sessions are well suited to adults as well as younger attendees. Younger children can attend but you must book a place for an adult and child if that is the plan and stay with them during the session.