Be Wilder Camp
2021 season closed for booking
We’ve decided to do things a little bit differently this summer and combine all the joy of camping with an opportunity to really get back to nature and reconnect with your wild side.
You can now book for dates between July 16 and September 5th 2021 via our booking calendar below. Individual calendars can also be found on the Be Wilder Camps website found here
There are 24 pre-pitched accommodation units and 15 camping spaces available through the period. Units range from being suitable for 1/2 persons through to a family of 5.
If you have additional family members and cannot book two units, please contact us to discuss options.
*Please note, all stays are a minimum of 2 days and maximum of 14 days.
Stays can begin on any day except Sundays over the period noted above. Activity passes are available to book alongside accommodation or can be booked later via this page or the Be Wilder website.
Alongside our wide range of accommodation options we are offering a programme of daily activities that can be booked separately to or with your tent. Activities include daily forest school and bushcraft/nature connection activities including walks in the local area, yoga and similar movement activities, plus evening fireside food and fun.
Accommodation for Be Wilder Camps is offered as follows:-
- 4 Traditional Tipis
- 2 Kyrgyz Yurts
- 6 Safari Bell Tents
- 1 Touareg Tent
- 11 Tipi Bell Tents
- 4 Berth Family Units
- 3 Berth Triple Units
- 2 Berth Couples Units
- Unfurnished Units
- 10 Camping Pitches
All pre-pitched accommodation comes with a fire bowl, grill, firewood and charcoals as minimum. All furnished units comes with beds, bedding and towels provided. Crockery and cutlery provided in kitchen area.
About Be Wilder Camp
Our aim is rewilding.
Rewilding the soul while we regenerate the countryside, spending time in nature, relax, unwind and connect with each other and the countryside at a deeper level.
On most days of the week we aim to offer activities between 10am and 4pm, though there are exceptions to this dependent on availability and levels of bookings. These sessions are bookable on this page below at a fixed cost for the 6hrs. You can drop in and out of sessions as required and most are suitable for kids and adults. There will also be additional standalone activities that can be attended by all campers such as storytelling sessions, fireside song circles, movement workshops in the morning, etc. These are all included in your stay.
Activity Session Itinerary for the next period:
- Wednesday 18th August: 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft / 7pm: Singing Circle with Dora Darling*
- Thursday 19th August: 9am Yogacise* / 10am – 4pm: Foraging and Herbal Balm Making with Ben / 7pm: Yoga Adventure with Rosie*
- Friday 20th August: 7pm: Storytelling Circle with Dan Goodfellow*
- Saturday 21st August: 10am – 4pm: Fun & Games with Jud Rawles + Kids Films in the Pizza Cafe*
- Sunday 22nd August: 10am – 4pm: Fun & Games with Jud Rawles
- Monday 23rd August: 10am – 4pm: Fun & Relaxation with Rosie Glow Yoga
- Tuesday 24th August: 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft
- Wednesday 25th August: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft /
- Thursday 26th August: 10am – 4pm: Fun & Games with Jud Rawle
- Friday 27th August: 10am – 4pm: Foraging Walk and Herb Balm Making with Ben Schulz
- Saturday 28th August: Fun & mindfulness for the whole family with Rosie Glow Yoga
- Sunday 29th August: 10am – 4pm: Foraging Walk and Herb Balm Making with Ben Schulz
- Monday 30th August: 10am – 4pm: Yoga Festival Fun and Mindfulness with Rosie Glow Yoga
- Tuesday 31st August: 10am – 4pm: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft
- Wednesday 1st September: Air Rifles, Catapults, Fire and Bushcraft with Avalon Bushcraft
You can now book your activity passes for these sessions and all others via this page.
All sessions from 10am to 4pm are £19.99. Sessions marked with (*) are included with camping fees. Some sessions are subject to change however we will endeavor to deliver the sessions and activities as listed above. We will be adding more song and story circles to the itinerary in the days and weeks to come as we move through August. Further daytime activities will be added after 18th August.
You can book sessions using the booking portal below. These can be booked by both staying guests and non-resident visitors from the local area and beyond.
If leaving your child, you must provide a packed lunch and fill out a disclaimer and medical information form on arrival. Check-in is at Field 725 Reception, please visit www.field725.co.uk for direction details if needed.
Cost is £19.99 for children and adults. Most sessions are suitable for 7 years+. Avalon Bushcraft and Nature Connection/Awareness Sessions are well suited to adults as well as younger attendees. Younger children can attend but you must book a place for an adult and child if that is the plan and stay with them during the session.
If you have already booked accommodation, please put your booking reference number in the “Add an optional note to the seller” field in the Review section of the checkout process, thanks. If you are not booking accommodation and are attending sessions without this, please add the age of the persons using the passes in the same field.
Any questions, please email us via bewildercamps (at) gmail.com
Our new home nestled in the Mendip hills is part of a rare breeds farm who are focused on conserving and protecting the UK’s native rare breeds as well as promoting biodiversity and managing the land in a way that protects our natural wildlife.
You’ll spend your stay camping under canvas in a beautiful wildflower meadow surrounded by natural woodland and rolling green hills.
We have lots of pre-pitched options available ranging from fairly luxurious safari bells tents complete with real beds to traditional tipis with basic furnishings and pre-pitched bell tents that are unfurnished and ready for you to make your own.
And if you happen to be seasoned campers and have your own tent we have a limited number of camping only spaces for you to pitch up and get involved with the activities.
You can now book Be Wilder Camps on the dedicated website or via our booking calendar below.
Booking Calendar: Be Wilder Camp