Critchill Manor Estate is positioned perfectly between the buzzing hub of Frome and the picturesque village of Nunney. It’s a great launchpad to enjoy the attractions and events both have to offer.
Frome has experienced a huge regeneration over the last 15 years, turning itself from a historical but relatively quiet market town into a thriving community renowned for its independent politics; its huge monthly market; its artisan industry; its innovation and social enterprise culture and much more. Widely credited in national media as one of the Top 10 places to live in the UK, Frome continues to grow and change as the years go by.
To find out more, visit http://www.discoverfrome.co.uk
Nunney is a small, yet impressively active village, well known for its castle, its riverside walks and its annual Street Fayre which attracts over 5000 people each year. Nunney is well served by a great pub, a traditional cafe and a village stores.
To find out more, visit https://www.visitnunney.com
A Few Highlights:
- Footpath to Nunney – You can walk from Critchill to Nunney via a footpath that runs alongside Field725. There’s a great circular walking route which includes this footpath here.
- St Catherine’s Hill – Frome’s artisan quarter, it’s cobbled medieval streets lined with independent shops – https://stcatherines-frome.co.uk
- Westway Cinema – Fabulous independent local cinema in Frome. It has 3 screens showing lots of blockbuster and arthouse movies, and an amazing ticketing policy whereby every ticket is just £4 for adults and children. https://westwaycinema.co.uk/frome/now/
- Memorial Theatre – Frome’s historic theatre – http://www.fmt.website
- Merlin Theatre – Frome’s professional community theatre – http://www.merlintheatre.co.uk
- Cheese & Grain – The Cheese & Grain is Frome’s foremost music venue with a long history of featuring big artists as well as community events. http://www.cheeseandgrain.com
- Frome Independent Market – The Frome Independent is a curated, destination street market with a difference. They highlight local food, local artisans, vintage fashion and contemporary and fledgling designers. Community. Culture. Conversation. 10,000 attendees each month can’t be wrong! http://www.thefromeindependent.org.uk
- Frome Festival – Annual town event with a focus on arts, craft and lifestyle though with plenty of local music, comedy and other performance across the area – https://fromefestival.co.uk
- Nunney Castle – The ruins of a picturesque moated castle built in the 1370s. Plenty of space for the kids to run around dressed as knights! https://www.visitnunney.com/category/heritage/
- Nunney Street Fayre – Takes place over the first Saturday of August each year. The event is organised by a committee on behalf of Nunney Community Association (NCA) and raises vital cash for community projects and activities throughout the year. https://www.visitnunney.com/nunney-street-fair-2018/